In This Episode
- Kicking things off, we give you “previously on Your Next Favorite Band”. You will want to check out the whole interview.
- Hearing about the launch of 7Horse
- How many songs start in iMessages for 7Horse? Lots! Including one labeled “Meth Lab Zoso Sticker”
- We dig in on the songs “Low Fuel Drug Run”, “Two-Stroke Machine” and “Try To Forget It”
- Get tickets to the “Hot Summer Night” show at The Roxy in West Hollywood on Saturday August 19, 2023
- And to be consistent, David has technical issues on this episode
7horse is a two-man band playing their self-described “postpunk dystopian blues,” and have been exploring unfenced territory together for 30 years with group members Phil Leavitt on drums and vocals and Joie Calio on guitar, bass and vocals. They kickstarted their partnership as members of dada — the platinum-selling alt-rockers behind ’90s hits like “Dizz Knee Land”, and began when Calio and Leavitt began swapping ideas for songs back and forth during downtime from dada. The band’s tune “Meth Lab Zoso Sticker” was used the 2013 Scorsese film “The Wolf of Wall Street” and exposed them to a wider audience. Other songs have been featured in season one of Amazon’s The Grand Tour and in the game Far Cry 5.
The band has released five albums starting with 2011’s Let the 7Horse Run and most recently The Last Resort released in 2022.